Chase had to be in Charleston, SC this past week for work. He left Wednesday morning and had to be there through Saturday, so we decided to piggyback a family trip onto a work trip! I've always wanted to go to Charleston because I've heard it was beautiful, but I honestly had no idea how old the city is! And the beauty, well, my pictures do not do it justice! I LOVE old houses and Charleston definitely has it's fair share!
Ok so back to our weekend! Friday I loaded up the car, picked Emory up after school, and we headed down. Door to door it's a 4 hour drive. With 3 kids in tow, by myself, it took me 5. Honestly, that's about what I expected. The drive wasn't bad and the kids behaved well. Riley got a little restless towards the end of the trip but it was bedtime and she wanted her bed...can't blame her!
Saturday was our first full day. Chase had to work that morning so I took the kids down to breakfast by myself. That was an adventure in itself and I'm not sure it's one I will do again. At least not at this age! I got a lot of "you've got your hands full" Why yes, yes I do. Please don't state the obvious! One lady insisted she carry our tray to my table. I must have looked overwhelmed with Riley strapped to my chest and holding Gavin, while trying to steer Emory away from running into everyone. The help was greatly appreciated!! Emory was a HUGE help, running to get stuff for us, not sure what I would do without her!!
Chase got back to the hotel around 10:30 and we headed out around 11. Our first stop was the SC Aquarium!
This is the first tank you come to and Gavin didn't want to leave!
Emory and Chase were learning about all the fish in the tank. Her curiosity is amazing. She asked so many great questions!
I think that was a very small corn snake. Gavin was ALL about it. Emory wanted nothing to do with it. Does that surprise anyone?!
Checking out the lemurs up close. Gavin kept saying "meow high!" Guess the long striped tail looked like a cat to him. Can't fault him for that!
Gavin didn't quite get why we were asking him to hold out his arms. He did it once but I wasn't quick enough!
I've never seen Gavin sit so still. He was mesmerized by the speaker and the large albino alligator hovering in the water behind her.
They got to touch the baby alligator after the show. Again, Gavin was all about it and Emory wanted nothing to do with it!
He's such a good daddy! Always willing to be a kid with them!
Gavin insisted we go outside to see the "wa" and I took advantage of a photo opportunity. Tried to get a family picture but that didn't happen!
Gavin had to touch everything in the touch tank. Notice Emory is helping him but not touching it herself! Ha. She likes to look. All girl, that one!
The happy fish and the "mean and scary" shark! Such cute kids!!!!
That green thing coming out of the coral is the Morey Eel. He was the focus of my picture but I like how the eyes of the fish behind him are glowing!
This sea turtle was HUGE! You can kind of tell her size in the second picture. I love sea turtles and think they are one of the coolest things in the ocean. I was excited to see it swim up close to the tank. It was headed down to take a nap. This is where Emory asked the most questions. She had to know the names of every fish in the tank. She even went up to one of the guides and asked all her questions to him.
My attempt at a picture of all three. As you can see, it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Oh well.
After the aquarium we took to the streets and did some walking. This is Market Street where all the vendors are everyday. It was used for a MUCH different purpose years and years and years ago! The stories are displayed on the walls as you walk through. We made a few purchases but really just took in the sites. What made me laugh where all the guys on their phones watching the scores of the various college games! Can't say I didn't look a few times!
Gavin said "I sit up high!" Whatever it takes to get him to eat. Luckily there wasn't anyone sitting behind us!
Look at all those teeth!!
Our attempt at a family picture. I posted all of them because they all make me giggle. Especially the last one. Maybe it's time for a haircut!
After lunch at Fleet Landing, we headed to the pier to watch the boats and enjoy the swings. The weather was perfect. A little cloudy but still perfect in my book!
When did Emory get so tall?!?! Maybe one day we will get a decent picture of all of us! It was a nice try.
































No comments:
Post a Comment