"What? Picture time again?!"
"But I really just want to eat the sticker!"
I can't believe my BABY is 9 months! She needs to understand she is my baby and time needs to slow down!
I'm a little late posting because I haven't taken her for her nine month appointment and I wanted to have her STATS, but since I don't know when that is going to happen, I decided to weigh her myself.
So here are the STATS:
Weight: 18lbs
Length: 28in
Now let's compare...
Emory at 9 months
Weight: 17lbs 5oz
Length: 27 3/4in
Gavin at 9 months
Weight: 21lbs 2oz
Length: 29.7in
So really I should stop comparing her to Gavin since there's nothing to compare. He was huge! Riley has now passed her sister, who started out a pound heavier at birth. Guess I'm doing something right!
Here's what's happened in the past month:
-cut 2 more teeth for a total of 5 now
-plays peek-a-boo (she was actually doing that last month and I forgot to list it.
-blubbers her lips ALL the time
-army crawls and is quite efficient at it: in fact she has learned to crawl to the baby gate at the playroom door and fuss until I come get her, if it's not shut all the way she will try to open it and squeeze out, she's a smart one
-gives high fives
-waves
-claps when she hears music
-in addition to her previous "words/sounds" she has added "bah" and "dada"
-loves "baby Eisenstein" videos
-smiles whenever her brother and sister are around, usually followed by a scream when brother has loved a little hard. Ha!
-puts EVERYTHING in her mouth except a pacifier or bottle (we are still working on the bottle part)
-got the pincher grasp down, see above point. Seriously, she will find the smallest piece of dirt and it immediately goes to the mouth!
-grown a little more hair--enough to have a slight "bed head" in the mornings and after nap
-sleep has become a thing of the past--well solid sleep at least. She has started waking up in the middle of the night again and I'm horrible at the cry it out. Last night when she woke up at 1:30 I said "God, I could really use some sleep." What I heard back was "but she needs you." So I walked my booty down to her room and took in some extra snuggles during her extra feeding.
Watch out world. Riley Kate is on the move and doing her best to keep up with her older brother and sister. I think we are in trouble with this one folks!




No comments:
Post a Comment