Before heading out, Chase and the kids set up the tent. This was Chase's tent when he was a kid. This may have been its last hoorah!
As you can see, Emory and Gavin were a big help! They were so excited and loved every minute of the "camping" process!
I guess you could say we were "roughing" it with our iPads in tow. The wifi didn't work...
The set up!
Gavin was super snugly that night. Soooo, I'm going to be honest. We didn't make it all night. Gavin made it until about 10pm and I made it until about 11:45. I had fallen asleep and woke up to a dog barking. I kept thinking "oh it will stop" but it didn't and then I thought "my bed is 50feet away. Why am I still sleeping in a tent?!" Chase said he wasn't surprised to wake up to me no longer in the tent! He and Emory made it all night. They sleep much harder than me!!
It was great having the family we did and celebrating the last official weekend of summer camping in our new backyard! I'm sure it will be done again. Just not sure me and the babies will join! :)










No comments:
Post a Comment