So last Friday, Emory's school had a back to school dance. Emory said "everyone is going so I want to go." I have the best husband in the world. Why? Because he loves his daughter and makes her feel special. Since Emory wanted to go to the dance, Chase decided to make it a date night for them. The dance started at 6 and at 5:45 there was a knock at the front door...
He even brought flowers!
She wore her pretty dress from Aunt Katie and her black high heels. (Gavin insisted on being in the picture as well but I was able to crop him...well most of him.
And they're off! I didn't think to send a camera with Chase to take pictures while they were there. However, he didn't do much dancing. I think he spent most of his time sitting with the parents of one of Emory's friends. She was too busy running around with her friend Payton to spend time with her daddy. It makes me so happy to know that she has friends and has fun!
We completed our evening with movie night after the babies went to bed. It was a great start to an awesome family weekend. Saturday we spent our time trying to organize the house and the had an impromptu date night with friends that evening.
Sunday we went to Raleigh and explored a new area. Our main goals were REI and Trader Joes. The shopping center we went to was perfect for the cool weather we had that day. I was able to enjoy a pumpkin spice latte while we let the kids run around on a grassy area in the middle. Towards the middle of the day, Emory looked at me and said, "mommy, this has been a GREAT family day!"
Once we got home we decided to go for a walk. It turned into more of a run for Chase and I because we let Emory and Gavin ride on her power wheels 4-wheeler. That thing has some pep!
Overall we had a wonderful weekend and quality family time that never gets old!









No comments:
Post a Comment