Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I couldn't travel this year for Thanksgiving--a good thing and a bad thing. It meant we didn't have to pack up the car and drive anywhere. We could enjoy being at home for once on the holiday and not have the added stress of driving. It also meant that family came to us...meaning--the crazy came to us! :) Overall, however, it wasn't that bad and we survived without me going into labor. This year we were suppose to spend Thanksgiving day with my family so after talking with my mother and sister-in-law, they made their way to Nashville on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. My parents and sister and Jody stayed at our house and my brother and his family stayed at a hotel. I really do enjoy having house guests...as Chase has said before "she loves to do this" and honestly I really do! I love playing host and cooking and having people stay with us!

Thanksgiving Day we divided the cooking. No one wanted me to go into labor by doing the entire meal on my own! I would say it was a success and the time spent with family was priceless!

Gavin and Eva. They were playing so well together!

Sweet Boy!

Cheese!!

This is what happens when you consume Thanksgiving dinner...naptime on the floor!

  
Laziness after filling our bellies!




The big kids hanging out while the babies napped.

Game time...this game lasts forever!!
Everyone knows Chase is a hard sleeper...

A VERY hard sleeper!! This was Jody's attempt at trying to wake him up...it was fruitless!
 
Everybody LOVES Jody!!
Oh and right before Thanksgiving, both Emory and Gavin had Thanksgiving programs at school. Well, Emory's was a program, Gavin's was a lunch.

Getting ready to perform.

Gavin hanging out at sissy's school! He LOVED being there and seeing her!

They made t-shirts for their program...and evidently they didn't use permanent ink when decorating. In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have tried t wash it...oops!


Gavin thought he needed to eat with Emory!

Emory and a few of her classmates.

So proud of this sweet girl!

Gavin eating lunch at his "feast" later in the day!

No comments: