Friday, December 6, 2013

Halloween 2013

So for the past two years Emory has been the one to select hers and Gavin's costumes. Last year it was Cinderella and Gus Gus and this year it was Beauty and the Beast...my personal favorite Disney movie! And two years in a row I have purchased Emory's princess costume and "made" Gavin's costume. This year it took a lot more creativity and the help of my awesome friend Leslie! She was the one that made Gavin's first birthday party a success and she made our Halloween a success as well. Seriously, his costume turned out much cuter than I could have hoped for. We found a design we liked online and started piecing it together. The end result was so cute! It might have something to do with the cute boy wearing the costume but I thought we did a pretty, darn, good, job!

I was surprised he kept the hood up most of the time.

So you know how I mentioned the crazy Southern weather in the post below?! Well the week of Halloween was no different. Except instead of freezing temps we had the threat of tornadoes...and yet I'm still surprised! :/ Anyway, Halloween was on a Thursday night this year and the city of Mount Juliet decided to officially "move" it to Friday since there was the threat of bad weather on Thursday. Great, wonderful...the bad part about that was we were leaving to drive to Birmingham Friday evening to go to the ONE, home, UAB football game, we could attend all year! Luckily we were able to attend 2 trunk-or-treats at local churches. One was Wednesday night at the church just down the street from us, and the second one was on Thursday at the church were Gavin attends parents day out. So, while we missed "Halloween," the kids still got to trick-or-treat and wear their costumes 2 days in a row instead of just 1!

The Beast!

Robin a.k.a. Parker and Belle a.k.a. Emory

Me and my favorite princess!

Rylan and Gavin had the easy life of riding around all night except neither of them looked at it that way! They saw it as confinement and both wanted out!

Cutest Raccoon I've ever seen!

A Prince and his princess!

I love this picture!

This was on the second night (actually Halloween) at New Hope Baptist

Chase's face in this picture cracks me up. He had to carry Gavin and his stroller up 2 flights of stairs!

So she's not the most athletic princess around but she sure is pretty!

Gavin was over it at this point...so were mommy and daddy!

Sweet pea Linley met us at New Hope

Goofball!

The Glass Family...Linley looks thrilled!
On the first night of trunk-or-treating: A conversation between Emory and one of the candy givers--
Candy giver: "you must be Princess Belle?"
Emory: "yes"
Candy Giver: "well have you seen your prince the beast?"
Emory: "yes it's my brother."
Candy Giver: "oh, well let me give you a piece of advice. Don't marry THAT beast. You might want to find a different one!"
Emory: **smiles**
HAHA!

(4 new posts below)

No comments: