Friday, December 6, 2013

He's a Keeper

Chase and I have been married for 8.5 years and while not every second has been roses I think I'll keep him! :) I knew when I married him that he would be a great dad one day but he has been better than I could have ever dreamed. While his "young at heart, always seeking adventure" drives me crazy sometimes, it is certainly a great thing to have around with kids and helps keep me grounded. If you know me at all I am VERY type A and sometimes I forget to have fun...even with the kids. Chase is a nice reminder that they are only young once and going to bed 5 minutes late isn't going to cause the world to stop spinning!

While there are many things I love about this man, one is definitely because he is willing to be a kid for the sake of our kids...

Riding "horsey" to bed. This was something Chase started with Emory when she was about Gavin's age, maybe a little older, and she recently wanted to start doing it again. Now if Chase is laying in the floor Gavin thinks it's time to climb on his back!

Emory and Gavin have a secret hiding place in Emory's closet and Chase brought story time to them one night...princess headlamp and all!

And he is willing to build a fire, roast marshmallows, and sleep in a freezing tent when there is a warm house just feet away...all because his baby girl asked him to.
He's a keeper...

(7 new posts below)

No comments: