Friday, December 6, 2013

Pumpkin Patch

So the bad weather messed up the original plans of Emory's first school field trip. They were suppose to go the pumpkin patch on October 31 but because of the "threat of bad weather" they moved the field trip to the following Monday. Honestly, I'm not sure why they waited until the last minute to go but whatever. What cracks me up is when they sent home the flyer about the field trip it said "the purpose of this field trip will be to observe the life cycle of the pumpkin." So that is how they got approval to go? We spent a couple of hours there and only 5 minutes observing the life cycle of the pumpkin...whatever makes them sleep at night at the school board! This pumpkin patch was no Honeysuckle Hill but it was closer and the kids had fun...that's what counts. Since the trip was rescheduled Gavin had to join us this time. It wasn't ideal but it wasn't horrible and he enjoyed it...until I took him away from the corn box. You'll see what I mean in the pictures below!

Learning about the life cycle of the pumpkin.

Class picture...it's like herding cats!

Playtime on the farm.

Scooping up corn.

This is the corn box I referenced above. He would have stayed here ALL day!



This was the result of taking him away from said corn box! Told you he wasn't happy!

Sarah and Emory

Phoenix, a little boy I didn't know, Emory and Sarah...they were having fun!


Haley's mom got creative and started playing Simon Says with the kids, while we waited for our turn on the hay ride.


"sissy don't leave me" this little boy LOVES his sissy!!

Dan the pumpkin Man...at least I think that's what he called himself. He was explaining what was grown on the farm and how the weather affects the crops that are grown. (more learning to justify the field trip)  :)




Emory milking the cow...not really sure what the kid at the end is doing...

Gavin wanted to try too!

She said "I picked out the perfect pumpkin"

Emory (she pricked her finger on something), Emily, and Haley
I learned something about Emory this day. She is kind of a loner. I guess that's what happens when you are an only child for 4 years. She would play with someone and when she wanted to do something else she would just go. She didn't have to have someone with her all the time. Chase said "well at least she is her own person and we won't have to worry about her 'following the crowd'"

(5 new posts below)

No comments: