Monday, May 19, 2014

Zoo Field Trip

I was a brave woman yesterday and volunteered to chaperone Emory's field trip to the zoo. I did it mainly because I wanted to make sure she was kept up with...call me paranoid but it's a big zoo and there were LOTS of kids there! I've never seen the place as busy as it was yesterday. I flet sorry for the people there without a school group. They probably thought no one would be there, it was cold and rainy (more like March or April weather), but alas, there were no fewer than 25 buses full of school age kids. Most of them were in kindergarten! It was nuts! And did I mention cold?! I couldn't feel my fingers by the time we left!

It didn't matter that it was cold and rainy though, the kids had a blast! I'm sure most of them slept VERY well last night, I know Emory did!

Being goofy...most of the class flocked towards the camera right after this picture!

Emory and Sara

Emory, Sara, and Adelynn

Love that toothless grin!!


Emory use to call these "flingos" Apparently she's too old for that now! :(

While we were there, every few minutes of so they would all extends their necks and "squawk" in unison for about 30 seconds then go back to eating...very strange.

They are doing it in this picture as well.

Baby girl was the warmest one out there!

Mommy/daughter selfie.

An attempt at a class picture! Ha!
Besides being COLD and wet, in May no less, we had a great time! I counted it as my exercise for the day! It's a big zoo!

No comments: