All my life I have wanted to be a mother. I wanted to grow up, get married, and have babies. I seem to have accomplished that part...now onto BEING a mom. Anyone can have a baby but not everyone is cut out to BE a mommy. I LOVE my babies with every fiber of my being. When they get hurt, it hurts me, when they cry, I want to cry with them, when their feelings are hurt, mine our too. Someone asked me how it's possible to love more that one child. I don't know how to explain it other than...believe me it's possible! It's like your heart grows on an almost daily basis to try and accommodate all the love and admiration you have for your children!
It's not always easy being a mom and most days I fall short and fail miserably but they love me anyway. All I can do is try my best and do what is best for our children. God has entrusted me with 3 beautiful, happy babies, and I thank him daily for them. Somedays I look up at him and say "could I get a little break today, they are driving me crazy?!" That is usually when I get a big hug from Emory, a random snuggle time with Gavin, or a smile from Riley and it makes my day--I guess that's God giving me my "break."
This year we had a busy Mother's Day weekend. My parents came to town to watch Emory's final softball game on Saturday and stayed through Sunday for Riley's dedication.
Saturday we went to Emory's last regular season game and then went on our weekly hiking trip. We returned to Burgess Falls because we knew the trail and we had my parents with us. (one of which has one artificial hip and getting another one June 2--she is the bionic woman!) It was just as pretty as we remember but these pictures of course DO NOT do it justice!
 |
| Love my parents |
 |
| This is a seriously cute kid!!! |
 |
| Happy Mother's Day weekend. Best mom in the world! |
 |
| Lunar moth...looks like I took the picture at night and I LOVE the way the forest looks in the background! |
 |
| While this is not the most flattering picture it does show that we got SOAKED just as we were coming off the trail. Only one dry was Riley!! |
Sunday we dedicated Riley at our church. Pastor Phil was instructed not to make me cry...he did not listen very well!
 |
| The Parkers stood to commit to praying for Riley. |
 |
| This is what made me cry! |
 |
| Mother's Day was extra special because this sweet girl turned 5 months old! |
While I'm not sure what ALL her stats are, I did weigh her and she weighed in at 15.5lbs! I don't know how she continues to gain weight with all the spit up! Sheesh!
 |
| I love being a mom to these three! Most days they make it look easy! Chase and I are very blessed! |
It was a great weekend and just what I needed...family time! I finished my weekend with a much needed Bible study with the best girlfriends I could ask for! Happy Mother's Day to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment