It's bittersweet. The thought of moving away from Nashville, from the friends we have made and the church we have become a part of over the last 7 years. Well, the church has been 5 and a half of those years, but without it we would have moved a LONG time ago. God has done amazing things in our lives through our church and friends.
When we moved to Nashville 7 years ago, I wanted to move back to Birmingham at the first opportunity we had. Nashville was great and all, but family was in Alabama and that was home. I was wrong. While our family, by blood, is in Alabama, home is Nashville and where we would ultimately like to end up. We've said no to several moves over the past couple of years but this move was one that was tough to pass up.
The past couple of weeks have been stressful, filled with anger and tears, until ultimately I surrendered to God and asked him to open or close whatever doors were necessary. I hate change and making decisions and we have been forced to make quite a few recently. I am at peace about our decision, and while I know it's not going to be easy, I know that God has gone before us and this is part of His plan.
In June, Chase will be making the move to Goldsboro, NC (an hour east of Raleigh) 10 hours away from home and our families. The kids and I will follow when the house sells and we find a place to live in Goldsboro. It is a great move for his career in his company and I am SO proud of the accomplishments he has made since starting back in 2007. Through his advancements in his job it has allowed me to be able to stay home with my babies and watch them grow up and for that I am very thankful!
We have met some of our best friends here, whether it's through being neighbors, going to baby birthing class, or our wonderful church, these people mean the world to us and will be missed terribly. While visits may be less frequent then we would like, in this day and age with technology, we will have no excuse not to keep up.
This is not goodbye, it's "see ya later."


No comments:
Post a Comment