Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Travel

I realized this past week that it is twice as hard to travel with an infant. Not that I didn't expect that. Last week Chase and I went to the beach with my family. We had a wonderful time and Emory was actually a great traveler. Since she was born it has taken me twice as long to get anywhere and driving to the beach was no different. For starters, the Friday that we left, I had to pack. It took me ALL day to pack and then figure out how to load our suitcases, Emory's bags, the pack-n-play, her papasan chair, her stroller, pillows (I'm kinda picky), beach towels, dog food and the dogs (we were taking them to Jacksonville) and us into a Nissan Altima. The car seems big until you try to get all that into it!! I felt bad because Emory didn't get a lot of mommy time that day!! I would feed her and then have to put her back in her chair. I would have to say that if anyone had come over that day they probably would have thought I was crazy because I was dancing around singing nursery rhymes in an attempt to entertain! Lucky for me she is still sleeping a good bit during the day. The drive down to the beach the next day was probably the longest it has taken me to get to the beach. We left Birmingham at 10:30 and arrived at the house in Gulf Shores around 5pm! But it was worth it! We had a great time. I am waiting on a CD with all the pictures from my sister and then I will have many posts on our first family beach trip!

No comments: