Monday, June 16, 2008

2 months

Emory was officially 2 months old on Friday June 13th. We have had a great last month. She is beginning to "talk" more and laugh and smile. I am greeted every morning by the sweetest little smile. It makes every day wonderful! Today was her 2 month check-up. That wasn't as fun! She got 5 shots (apparently they don't mix at this office)! Needless to say she was slightly traumatized! She did ok with the first shot and then after the second one she looked at me like I was the meanest person in the world for letting them do that to her! Broke my heart! However, I did not cry, which actually surprised me, I thought I would! So go me. HA! Emory was a trooper though. She only cried, cried for a few minutes then she would do her "I'm annoyed" cry every once in a while. I guess she was remembering how horrific it was! On a better note, she was 24 inches long, putting her in the 90th percentile for height/length, and 11lbs 5 ozs, which puts her in the 70th percentile for weight! She is getting so big. And now it makes sense why I am having to put my 2 month old in 3-6 month clothing just for the length! She's 2 flippin' feet long! I was looking at her pictures from the hospital the other day and I can't remember her being so small. (Not that she was that small to begin with). She is currently "sleeping it off" which is good because the other alternative is a fussy baby! Luckily the mean ol' doctor doesn't have to see us for another two months unless we need her!

No comments: