Saturday, June 14, 2008
Nap Time
Nap time seems to have become a thing of the past. Emory is convinced that if she sleeps, she will miss something!! At the beach she slept like a champ! Every time we were down at the water, be it pool or ocean, she slept for at least two hours. It was great! She even slept better at night while we were there. She would go to bed at 9pm, sleep until 4 or so, eat then go right back to sleep until 7 or 8! But not since we've been home!! The other morning she woke up at 8:30am and was awake until 1:15. She tried to nap but the longest she slept was 15 mins and that was while I was holding her. If I put her down, she would wake up. The only way I finally got her to sleep was to put her in her car seat and drive around. Now granted I did need to run a few errands but I can't drive around every time she needs to take a nap! She did end up sleeping until 4pm, which aloud me to do some much needed housework since my in-laws were coming to town. Today however, she is napping...I think I figured out the trick...keep her up all night! HA! Well not all night but we did have a long evening last night with John and Nancy and Dean and Martha (family friends). We went to dinner and then walking around the Opryland Hotel. Emory was wonderful the whole time. She really enjoyed looking at everything while we were at dinner and loved riding around in her stroller at the hotel. I was sure that she would fall asleep in the car on the way home...NOPE! Awake and alert! She ate at 10:30pm and I thought again, that surely she would go to sleep now! Apparently she was too worked up to sleep. She was in a great mood...playing and laughing, but sleep was not on her agenda. She finally fell asleep at midnight while I was quietly walking around the house (everyone else was asleep of course). She slept for 6 hours and then was awake again and ready to play! She must have exhausted herself because she has been asleep now for an hour and a half in her bassinet!! Yea! A nap. Now she sleeps when I don't have anything to do! Yesterday the only way I was able to do housework was to put her in the sling carrier and cart her around with me! Hopefully we have gotten back into a nap routine! She tends to get a little cranky without sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment