Friday, June 20, 2008

Transition

This isn't really as much a transition for Emory as it is for me. For the past 9 1/2 weeks almost 10, Emory has slept in our room in her bassinet. Last night I decided that she needed to start sleeping in her crib in HER room! I don't think she really cares, but I do. The strange thing is, that before she was born, Chase was the one that insisted that she sleep in the room with us. I had reluctantly agreed and said that it would only be for 6 weeks tops! Well, 6 weeks came and went and she was still sleeping in the room with us. She doesn't bother us when we sleep so I wasn't planning on moving her until she slept through the night. I know, I know...that could be awhile, but I was hoping it would happen before I went back to work. Seeing as how I go back to work in three weeks, yuck, I thought it would be a good time to move her into her crib! I only checked on her about 10 times before we went to bed! Part of me thought that maybe she would sleep through the night, she wasn't bothering us, but were we bothering her? Apparently not, she slept from 9:30pm-3:30am, which she has been doing for a few weeks now, then woke up and wanted to eat. Yea, mommy time! I have to admit...I didn't put her back into her room, I missed her. It's sad I know, but I had gotten use to her sleeping in the room with me. Maybe another night! :) She even took a nap in there this morning for an hour! Yea, maybe the nap strike is over!!

2 comments:

Kellen Family said...

So, how's the transition going Mommy? I hope you're all getting plenty of rest!

Unknown said...

it's going...better for her then me!