Monday, June 16, 2008
Bottle Time
Yesterday was our first attempt at trying a bottle. I know I have waited a long time to introduce a bottle but I didn't really have the need. I still haven't left her for longer then two hours so I am always there for feeding time. However, next weekend Chase and I have a wedding to go to in Birmingham. Nita and Papa will be keeping Emory so now we have a need for a bottle. Chase and I didn't want to have to rush home from the wedding even though it is going to be very hard for me to be apart from her. I will probably call a few times!! Just a warning Mom and Dad! Plus, since Emory was born the only thing that Chase hasn't been able to do is feed her, and since yesterday was Father's Day, I thought it could be a "gift" for him to be able to feed her. Anyway, we tried a bottle first at her 1pm feeding. Well, apparently we waited too long and she was NOT a happy camper! After we finally got her calmed down, our nerves were shot and we didn't want to try again right then, so I just nursed her. We attempted again at the 4pm feeding. She thought we were trying to choke her with the bottle nipple and she wouldn't take it. She got mad again and so I calmed her down again. 30minutes later, the milk was the "right" temp for her and so we took out the pacifier and stuck in the bottle...SUCCESS! Third time's a charm! Now we can go to the wedding on Saturday and Nita and Papa will be able to feed Emory. Plus, now I know that my child won't starve while she is a daycare while I'm at work! She also took a bottle at her 7pm feeding without any problem! Yea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment