Day 1 Saturday: Travel day--Like I said before it took us a LONG time to get there but it was so nice when we did...nothing to worry about for a whole week. I was wondering how much relaxation I was actually going to get, seeing as how I have a newborn, but I really did get to sit back and relax most of the week.
Ready for the beach!!Mommies and their babies.
Day 2 Sunday: First day on the beach. Sunday the babies woke us up bright and early, which worked out well, because we all wanted to get down to the beach. Cole and Chase went down before everyone to get everything set up for the babies, while we got the babies ready! We also had visitors that day. Emory was able to meet her great-great aunt (my dad's aunt). They live in Mobile and were able to drive down for the day. It was so nice to be able to visit with them! Later that night we went out to dinner and took advantage of being dressed in something other than a bathing suit and took a few family pictures!
Emory ready for the beach. She looked so cute in her bathing suit that Mardi gave her! The shoes were a little big but she wore them anyway.

Family picture in the pool.
Emory loved the water but HATED her hat!

The babies at the beach the first day.


After our second night there.
Day 3 Monday: Mom and Dad's 29th Anniversary!!! I have wonderful loving parents who love each other very much. Growing up I of course hated it when they would kiss in front of me, but as I grew older I learned to appreciate it. They have been married for 29 years and have provided a wonderful example to their children of what a marriage SHOULD be like!! Congratulations Mom and Dad!! That night the kids decided to go out to dinner and leave Mom and Dad by themselves. After dinner we played putt-putt because you can't go to the beach without playing. Emory slept the whole time in her front carrier. Chase was the one to carry her and kinda got a taste of what it was like to be pregnant. It was funny to watch him try and bend down to pick up the golf ball! I wish I had pictures!
Day 4 Tuesday: Just another beach day. Mandy and Cole had bought the babies this little froggy pool, which doubled as a float for them too!


They loved it and loved being in the water. It was like a tiny water bed for them!
Day 5 Wednesday: Shopping day. This was probably the longest day we had. You can't go to Gulf Shores without a visit to the outlet malls. Emory and I racked up on new clothes. I really needed some new things but Emory, not so much. But the clothes were SO cute, it was hard to resist!
Day 6 Thursday: Another day at the beach.



This was early one morning before the others were awake. We decided to take the babies on a walk before it got too hot. They seemed to enjoy it. They were awake when we started and asleep when it ended.

Mom spent most of the trip sitting in her chair with her feet in the ocean. She did this until one day she felt something hit her foot. She looked down and was looking into the eyes of a big crab. She decided to move back from the water then. The babies of course were in the shade most of the time. Emory was able to wear her bikini one day. Chase says that is the only time she is aloud to wear one! And he picked it out! Since Cole and Dad seem to reflect the sun they too sat in the shade with the babies. I think this was the first and ONLY day Dad actually touched sand. Apart from what was already in the house!


Day 6: Our last day at the beach :(


Payton has found his tongue and he was obsessed with trying to catch it the whole trip.
I think this blog entry is long enough. There are more pictures but I will post them another time. Thanks again Mom and Dad for the beach trip. We had a wonderful time and are looking forward to next year, although it may not be as relaxed with two one-year-olds!

The babies at the beach the first day.
Day 3 Monday: Mom and Dad's 29th Anniversary!!! I have wonderful loving parents who love each other very much. Growing up I of course hated it when they would kiss in front of me, but as I grew older I learned to appreciate it. They have been married for 29 years and have provided a wonderful example to their children of what a marriage SHOULD be like!! Congratulations Mom and Dad!! That night the kids decided to go out to dinner and leave Mom and Dad by themselves. After dinner we played putt-putt because you can't go to the beach without playing. Emory slept the whole time in her front carrier. Chase was the one to carry her and kinda got a taste of what it was like to be pregnant. It was funny to watch him try and bend down to pick up the golf ball! I wish I had pictures!
Day 4 Tuesday: Just another beach day. Mandy and Cole had bought the babies this little froggy pool, which doubled as a float for them too!

Day 5 Wednesday: Shopping day. This was probably the longest day we had. You can't go to Gulf Shores without a visit to the outlet malls. Emory and I racked up on new clothes. I really needed some new things but Emory, not so much. But the clothes were SO cute, it was hard to resist!
Day 6 Thursday: Another day at the beach.



This was early one morning before the others were awake. We decided to take the babies on a walk before it got too hot. They seemed to enjoy it. They were awake when we started and asleep when it ended.
Mom spent most of the trip sitting in her chair with her feet in the ocean. She did this until one day she felt something hit her foot. She looked down and was looking into the eyes of a big crab. She decided to move back from the water then. The babies of course were in the shade most of the time. Emory was able to wear her bikini one day. Chase says that is the only time she is aloud to wear one! And he picked it out! Since Cole and Dad seem to reflect the sun they too sat in the shade with the babies. I think this was the first and ONLY day Dad actually touched sand. Apart from what was already in the house!


Day 6: Our last day at the beach :(


Payton has found his tongue and he was obsessed with trying to catch it the whole trip.I think this blog entry is long enough. There are more pictures but I will post them another time. Thanks again Mom and Dad for the beach trip. We had a wonderful time and are looking forward to next year, although it may not be as relaxed with two one-year-olds!







No comments:
Post a Comment