Sunday, January 11, 2009
HELP!
Recently Emory has decided that she likes to see her mommy in the middle of the night again!! Last week she had a cold and would wake herself up coughing. Now she's not sick, but still wants to see my face in the middle of the night! Any advice on how to get her to sleep through the night again is GREATLY appreciated!!! I guess I was spoiled getting 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Even so I would like it again please!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh NO! No sleep!! yucka! Hope she settles down soon! Hey I was going to ask you--did you tell me about the book happiest baby on the block?? I am going to read it, but I was trying to remember who told me about it.
i was told by my pediatrician when abby was around that age to let her cry it out until she falls back asleep. he said something about the more you keep going to get her during the middle of the night, the more her brain triggers her to wake up at around the exact same time. crazy i know. but once we let her cry for a bit, she would fall asleep, and then she started sleeping through the night again.
hope you find something that works sweet momma, i know you need your sleep!
Hey Erin - I have to agree with your friend, Kim, on this one. If you read the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Dr. Weissbluth, he says at that age you need to let them cry it out. It can be really hard on Mom and Dad (trust me, it was hard on us when James went through it too) but it works. Just give it one week, and she'll be sleeping through the night again. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment