Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I am a little late in posting this blog entry but this really the first opportunity I've had (and sadly, I'm at work).


Last Saturday was my 27th birthday. I am going to be honest, for some reason 27 sounds so much older then 26. I don't know why, it just does. It probably doesn't help that my husband is still 25 and likes to remind me of that! Yes, I "robbed the cradle." Anyway, we had a great day as a family. Emory woke up really early at 6:15 and I told her that I wasn't planning on getting up that early, since it was my birthday, and she went back to sleep until 8:45! It was very nice! We all got up and got ready because I wanted to eat at The Pancake Pantry for breakfast/lunch. If you are from Nashville, you know how wonderful this place is and if you are from Birmingham we will go when you come to visit. I LOVE this place they have awesome Sugar and Spice pancakes with cinnamon syrup...SO good!!! NOw usually on the weekends the line for this place is out the door and down the sidewalk. And if it hadn't been my birthday Chase would not have waited, I would have, it's that good! We waited for about 45 minutes and then were able to sit down and enjoy each others company.


After brunch we went to Wal-Mart. I know that sounds SO exciting to do on your birthday but Emory needed diapers, so we had to go.


Before we knew it, it was 3pm and we had dinner reservations at The Melting Pot at 4. Our friend Cheryl said that she would keep Emory for us so that we could have a baby free date. We got dressed and packed up Emory and all her things and headed out. Dinner was SO nice. We had three hours of adult conversation and it was nice not to have to catch toys that were being dropped from a highchair! We dressed up and had a drink and talked. Not to mention the food is outstanding! The dessert of course is the best part but we enjoyed it all. I didn't even call Cheryl to check on Emory. I did text her once but that was it! :) We had a great time. Now Chase wants a Fondue pot for our house so that we can make it at home.

Thank you Cheryl for keeping Emory for us!! We will return the favor one day! :)

3 comments:

Zack and Brittany said...

Sounds like you had a fun birthday! We LOVE the melting pot-yummy!! and 27 isn't that old...of course I can say that since I'm only 23---haha just kidding:) Love you guys!

Kim said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!

Anonymous said...

You are so welcome!! Anytime!! She is the easiest baby to keep ever!!