Friday, August 29, 2014

One week down...too many to go!

We have one week of first grade under our belt. I seriously can not believe Emory is in first grade! I think I blinked and missed the part where she grew up! So far the school year is going well. The only issue we have had is the bus. We took Emory to school the first day. Chase took off from work and we both took her, walked her in, and attempted to set up camp outside the classroom. We settled for coming back at lunch! 




She looks so big yet so small at the same time! Why can't they stay young and innocent? Most days I want to scoop her up and put her in a bubble so nothing bad will ever happen to her! 


We got there early enough we had to go sit in the gym before school. 


Sitting at her desk. She looks so small here. She was so excited and set to work coloring her paper. Didn't even look back. We expected tears and all we got were smiles!


Emory and Ms. Mott. She is a new teacher to Northwest this year. Actually she's a new teacher, period. She has been a teachers aide at Northwest for several years, graduated from ECU in January and took on a full time teaching position this fall. 

Ok so the bus story. We've had three good, no issue days/rides. Monday she didn't ride at all, Tuesday she rode in the morning, well she was suppose to. The time we were told was 7:25. So we got out to the end of our driveway at 7:20. Fifteen minutes later a neighbor drove by, stopped and backed up to tell us the elementary bus had come at 7:05! So, after a small amount of complaining on my part, I woke 2 sleeping babies to take Emory to school. Tuesday afternoon she rode it home. I got outside the house just in time to see it pass our house! I ran down the driveway, leaving Gavin on his bike, while pushing Riley in her stroller. Long story short she was told the wrong house number. I asked Emory why she didn't say anything when she passed our house, she said "well I just thought she knew what she was doing!" Wednesday morning went smoothly, Wednesday afternoon I got a call that our bus would be an hour to an hour and 15 minutes late--that would have put her home at 5! Chase went to pick her up instead. Thursday morning it was running late, 50 minutes late. I had woken the babies up to take her to school and as we got to the end of the driveway, it pulled up. I put her on just so I didn't have to walk her in and explain why she was so late! Since then we haven't had any issues. Our driver is very nice and makes sure to watch out for Emory. I'm blaming the first week of school on the messed up buses. Hopefully next week will be better! Now for a fun-filled long weekend!






No comments: