We moved in a week ago. One week. For whatever reason I thought we would be settled by now. I knew we had a lot of boxes to go through but I thought it could be done. I even planned to have people over for dinner this weekend, thinking everything would be in its perfect place. Luckily, they weren't able to come because we are still buried in boxes!! To say I am overwhelmed is an understatement. I guess I forgot to factor in 3 kids into my unpacking equation. This is the first move I've made that I haven't had my mom here to help. They came to visit the week before we moved but couldn't come back the week we moved because she had to go back to work. She had already been off 8 weeks post hip replacement. She ends up being the decision maker on where things go and helps me stay on task!!
In the week that we have been here I have managed to unpack the kitchen, living room, playroom, and Emory's room. Chase and I go about unpacking very differently. He unpacks a box just for the sake of unpacking. Placing the contents where ever he feels like putting them. I, however, unpack and places the contents where they are suppose to go. That's probably why it took me almost an entire week to get my kitchen organized. I LOVE the extra space we have but I have so many options on where to put stuff that I can't make up my mind! It's a good problem but it has slowed down my unpacking and organizing.
I've honestly had to suppress my type A, OCD, personality so that I can sleep. I am a NOW person and I am quickly learning that NOW is not going to happen. My most productive time is when all he kids have gone to bed, of course, but that puts me staying up WAY later than I should. I'm exhausted but still have so much to do. I made a list on my phone of each room just so I can mark it off as it's done. Although, until it is COMPLETELY done (pictures hung, etc.) I can't bring myself to mark it off. See, told you I was type A!
Chase has been awesome. He spent all day today putting together his new grill and then came inside and started working. I wouldn't have blamed him for wanting to sit on the couch and do nothing!
We love our new house and have been working hard to make it our home. Most days I feel like we are on an extended vacation. It's been fun so far and we look forward to what's ahead. School starts back in 2 weeks, I'm sure my feelings of "vacation" will end then!



No comments:
Post a Comment