Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Riley 8 Months



So I'm a few days late but I've been a little busy! I can't believe this sweet girl is 8 months old!!

Ok here we go...

Things Riley is doing now:
-trying to pull up (this needs to slow down)
-waves
-claps
-gets on all fours and rocks (this needs to slow down too)
-she's somewhat mobile in the fact that she can roll from point A to point B via point C!
-puts everything in her mouth
-finally likes solids so she eats at least one "meal" a day, sometimes two
-still won't take a bottle--we've got to work on this--but nurses like a champ!
-pincer grasp is getting there, certainly not mastered just yet
-makes sounds like "meh, meh" "mama" "ba" "hi" these are not directed at anything so I call them sounds, not words...
-she now has 3 teeth, the fourth is trying to make an appearance but not going fast enough if you ask Riley or me!
-sleeping 8-10 hours at night, I think I jinxed myself by saying she slept 12 hours...it's been a long week. I'm going to blame it on teething and moving to a new place!

She is a well loved little girl! I came into the playroom the other day because I heard her fussing and found Gavin on top of her. He very quickly looked at me and said "I love on Riley!" Ha! We always tell him "we don't ______ we love" which leads to him hugging his sister. Guess he thought squishing her was loving her! 

No comments: