Friday, August 29, 2014

Ice Bucket Challenge

Yep. We did it. And we had fun! Chase was challenged by a friend, I was suppose to be challenged by my brother but he wusses out (I was getting ahead of the game) and Emory was challenged by her cousin Sam. Gavin wasn't challenged but we thought it would be a fun thing for ALL of us to do...sans Riley. 

Why not do it?! Yes you get cold but the reason for dumping ice water on your head is so you feel, for a few seconds, what someone with ALS feels ALL the time. Your nerves on fire. ALS is a horrible disease that affects a "small" number of people. I say small because unless you know someone affected by it, it seems like a world away. Because it affects such a small number, it's hard to raise awareness and money for this disease. This is what the Ice Bucket Challenge was created for, and it has done its job! When I went online to make our donation, their website says "welcome ice bucket challengers!" After donating it gave me the stats...88.5 million dollars from 2 million people, in 29 days!! Seriously, that's A LOT of money. I hope it jump starts them to a cure! 


Getting ready. Gavin had no idea. :/


The "before" shot. I love that Chase gave us buckets that matched our "size."


The "after." While Gavin wasn't a fan of me pouring water on his head, he spent the next 20 minutes doing it to himself! Now when he sees the buckets in the garage, he says "I pour head!"


See he loves me even though I dumped cold water on him!

If you are challenged and haven't done it...go do it and donate money too! Just because you pour cold water on yourself doesn't mean you get out of a donation! 




No comments: