Friday, June 27, 2014

Saying our Goodbyes

I don't know that I will make it through this post without crying. This has been a long and stressful week, yet it went by way faster than I would have liked. While I am very sad to be leaving our friends here (I'm already crying by the way) I am excited for this new chapter in our lives.

Over the last few weeks we have been trying to say "bye" to as many people as possible. That being said I know we will see our friends again which makes it more of a "see you later" and that certainly makes it easier. We will visit and our door is always open for visitors. Well, after get a house, before then you will have to stay in a hotel! We barely fit in the apartment with all our stuff! 

Before Chase left he went to dinner with a few guys from work and I convinced him to take the camera AND take pictures! 

               

               

These guys have been with Chase from the very beginning. It's weird knowing he's not going to work with them everyday. They put up with A LOT from him! ;) hehe 

The night of Gavin's birthday I was able to go out with my girls. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times. I don't know where I would be without these women...I'm crying again. They have been my strength when I wasn't strong enough, they have been my encouragement when everything seemed to be going the wrong way, and they have been a shoulder to cry on when I just needed to let it out. I know that if I needed to talk to any of them they would drop anything to listen. I know that I won't find a group of girls like this again in my life and honestly I'm ok with that. Between the 9 of us in the group we have been through more ups and downs than anyone should ever go through. I honestly don't have the energy to be in another group that close and be that vulnerable! With the stuff we've been through, you can't fake a friendship! 

             
                                Tara, me, Laura, and Jess.

             
                                 Me, Rachel, and Leslie 

              
                            Me, Rachel, Christy, and Leslie 

              

We were missing 2 from our group, Liz (who moved to Kentucky) and Tara H.. Christy moved to Dubai and we still managed to keep up with her. At least I'm moving within the same country!! :) ummm but I think I need taller friends! Ha! I feel like an amazon woman when I look at pictures!! Maybe I should be in front and do the sorority squat! 

Sunday night we went to dinner with the Parker's and the Sevelius'. We drove down to Murfreesboro to eat at a wings place called Jeffersons. It started in Jacksonville, AL (where chase is from and where Leslie and Artie went to college) so we thought we'd eat there one last time before moving 9 hours away.

            
                                      The girls!

            
                                      The boys!

                        
The group. We took this picture with my phone so the quality isn't great!

We had a great adult only night (we love our kids but every once in a while you need to spend a little time away!) Great memories have been made with these people and unfortunately we have pictures (well in some cases unfortunately!) ha! 

Even Emory got to say her goodbyes. She has done so much better than I thought. Although I think the reality of it is hitting her and she had a small breakdown the other night. She told me she knew how to make new friends with girls but didn't know how to make new friends with boys. I told her I was ok with that for now! The boys will come, sooner than I would like I'm sure, she doesn't need to worry about them just yet! 

                         
She spent the day with Christy on Wednesday and was spoiled rotten the whole day! I honestly have no idea what she did because when you ask she says "nothing, we just hung out". I know they went to Nashville Shores and Panera but that's all I got out of her! 

                    

We've spent the last 2 nights with the Lees. Emory has known these boys their entire lives. It's a tough one on her. Us too but I take it harder when I know she's having a hard time. These last 2 days have been 2 of the busiest but it has been made easier by staying with such wonderful friends. If we hadn't move to Nashville 7 years ago, we wouldn't have met them. It's hard to imagine our lives without them in it. 

We spent our last night in Nashville with our first friends in Nashville. When we first moved here, we moved to a townhouse in nashboro village. Not the greatest part of town, but the friendships that resulted have been wonderful!! Tara and Jon and Cheryl and Travis were are first friends here and so it was only fitting that we spend our last night with them. I didn't make it through dinner without crying! 

                       
Somehow all the kids ended up in the picture with the boys! We started out as a party of six and adults. Fast forward 7 years and we are now a party of 12! 

                       
        The kiddos! Sailer wasn't having anything to do with picture taking! 

                       
      Me, Cheryl, and Tara. Notice Sayler's hands just below Cheryl's shirt! Ha!

This has been a rough and emotionally draining week. This morning was pretty rough saying our "see you laters" to the Lees. I know we will see them again so I refuse to say goodbye!














No comments: