Thursday, June 5, 2014

Cummins Falls--One last hike

Sunday after church we set off for one last hike. We might be able to squeeze in one more but for now this is officially the last one. We have really enjoyed getting out and exploring this part of Tennessee. You say "why not hike in North Carolina?" Well, the area we are moving to is FLAT, very flat. We figure our next weekend adventures will consist of house hunting and exploring beaches. We currently live 8 hours from the beach. In North Carolina we will be an hour from the coast. I digress...

Cummins Falls was a great little hike, tricky, and some might have thought we were crazy for hiking with a 5 month old and a 2 year old strapped to us, because the terrain was quite rocky.  But fun and one we would do again if we were staying here.

Part of the hike was in the woods...

And part was along the river bed. This was the tricky part (in places).

He wasn't too sure at first but he warmed up pretty quickly.

We didn't realize there was swimming or we would have brought swimsuits. I happen to have a swim diaper in the bag for Gavin. The rest of us just got wet in the clothes we hiked in.

He was trying to find Daddy.

I bribed them with a cookie to get them to smile.

Still trying to warm up.

The falls and swimming hole. It was a popular place. And Beautiful!

Gavin spent his afternoon throwing rocks.

Love this girl!

My girls. Riley loves to watch her big sister and brother

That's Chase. The one upside down in the top portion of the picture. He loves to jump off things.

and again....

Love this picture!

Family picture.

He was a little tired.

I seriously have the best hiking buddy!

Throwing rocks is a hard job! Poor buddy.
I will miss doing this on the weekends but I'm looking forward to the beach!

No comments: