Thursday, June 19, 2014

House Hunting


Last week, the girls and I flew to North Carolina to house hunt. We left Gavin at home with a sitter mainly because I didn't think I could fly by myself with all 3 kids but also because he wouldn't have any fun spending the entire day looking at houses. It was a little much for me, throw a 2 year old in the mix and I would have been ready to pull out my hair!

To be quiet honest, this was a rough trip. Being there and knowing that it was our new home was stressful enough in itself. Add on that I left part of myself at home with a sitter for 4 days (a great sitter but it was still hard) AND Chase set up Riley's bed in Gavin's room for the 3 nights we were there. Which meant for the first time since I found out I was pregnant with her, she was more than an arms length from me. Thursday night was a rough one for all of us. Emory didn't sleep at all. When I left her room at 11:00pm, she was, what I would have thought, half asleep. Evidently she was scared she would fall off the bed. So instead of coming to our room to tell us, she refused to sleep. Poor thing was miserable the next day. She spent the day sleeping in the back of the car while Chase and I looked at houses.

The trip improved greatly as our day went on. We spent the evening with new friends and everyone slept much better the second night.

Saturday was another day full of house hunting. We think we may have found "the" house...stayed tuned. Saturday evening we met up with some friends of our from college, Josh and Amiee Haswell. Josh was Chase's fraternity brother and Amiee was one of my sorority sisters. We've known them a LONG time and it's SO nice to know that we are going into this move already knowing someone!!

Sunday we tried a new church. Oddly enough it's called The Bridge. We enjoyed it more than we thought we would. The music wasn't what we are used to but not much compares to Josh and the band at The Bridge Fellowship! The preacher was great and we look forward to going back and meeting new people. We have another church we want to visit as well but we know that getting involved in a lifegroup and a church will definitely help in our transition to a new city and state.

While we might have found "the" house, I find it hard to make an offer because that makes this move "real." Doesn't seem to matter that the movers are coming next Monday or that we are closing on this house next Friday. Making an offer makes this move real. While I am excited about our new adventure, I am still nervous about change. A one of my friends keeps reminding me God is still God wherever you go and as long you're together, the rest is just details. 

No comments: