Tuesday, April 15, 2014

This Can't Be!

Emory can't really be 6?!?! Where has the time gone?! Six years ago, I told chase that Emory and I had an agreement...she wasn't coming until he mounted the over the range microwave above the stove...where it belonged (previously it had been on my living room floor and then the counter, which defeated the purpose of the "over the range"). I think he thought I was crazy but I was dead serious...well, not 12 hours after the microwave was mounted, my water broke and the rest, as they say, is history!

Sunday was our sweet girl's 6th birthday. We celebrated on Saturday with her friends and Sunday with just the 5 of us.

Saturday was a cupcake party at Kelli Kakes by our house. I'm all for paying someone and having the party somewhere other than my house! All I had to do was show up!

It was a cute little set up...very girlie!

Gavin was sure to be included.

Playing with the balloons...Chase looks thrilled to be there doesn't he?! The men (Chase, Gavin, Baxter, and my dad) all managed to escape for the hour and a half to Five Guys)

A few of the party goers!

Emily and Adeline

Hailey, Emory, and Sarah

Gavin and Theron (Jayden's brother)

My parents made the trip for the party...mom was in charge of Riley. It was a pretty tough job! :)

Lunch first...those poor boys, they were definitely out of their element, but Emory wouldn't have had it any other way...she has known all of them since birth and they had to be there!

Decorating time...loading up with sugar...main reason to have it somewhere other than our house!


Hailey's finished product!

Garrett was pretty modest with the icing...especially compared to most of the girls!


They all got 3 cupcakes to decorate and eat...talk about sugar overload!!



Abby's finished products where quite impressive!

Mrs. Christy wouldn't have missed it for the world...unless of course she had been on the other side of the world (she lives in Dubai). Lucky for us she was home for Spring break!!

Even Theron got a taste...I think he was a fan!

I think the girls had a great time...the boys seemed a little overwhelmed but loved eating the cupcakes! :)
Our afternoon was spent with the Lee family at our house. It had been a while since we had all 10 (yikes) of us had hung out! Our evening was spent at church (the new Saturday night service) followed by a Daddy/Daughter date to Buffalo Wild Wings while mommy put the babies to bed. We had a wonderful start to our weekend!

No comments: