Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Oh to hit Pause...

Have you ever had a day/week/weekend that you never wanted to end? If you could just hit pause and rewind over and over you would?! This past weekend was one of those times. So, as I have mentioned before, we have started hiking on the weekends. It's a great way for us to all get outside and get some exercise, all while spending time as a family. Sunday, Emory's birthday, we went to Burgess Falls. This was by far the prettiest hike we've done so far. There were 4 waterfalls total on a 3/4 mile trail, all increasing in size the further we went on the trail.


The birthday girl...we weren't going to be losing her on the trials!

The top falls

My girls and me at the second falls


I believe this was called a flume bridge. Back in the 1800s when this was a working "power plant" it held a large pipe.

This was off to the side of the trail.

She insisted on being the line leader. Pretty cute in her camel back--a birthday gift from Nita and Papa and the outfit was thanks to the gift card from G and Dude. When asked what she wanted for her birthday she would say "something to hike in."

Another little stream off the side of the path.


Middle falls

I love this man.

Seriously love him...

The Big Falls

Absolutely beautiful!!

Handsome boys.

Made me want to go to the Grand Canyon. Even though I am not a fan of heights, in fact they make me a little light headed just thinking about them, I still find this beautiful!


Stairs down to the falls. There was a little path that took you almost all the way down but it was wet and slippery. Had we been by ourselves we might have gone but since we had our babies with us we decided to stop. Emory wanted to go all the way down.



The river at the top of the big falls

Watching my babies play with their daddy.

Riley and I hung out a little further down so she could eat.

Love this picture and I love that Riley is watching her big brother.

What a handsome boy.

Had to play for a few minutes at the playground before heading out.

We stopped at a little country store on the way out for some ice cream. Because sometimes you need to eat dessert first!
These pictures don't do it justice. This is one of those places I see and say "There are really people who don't believe in God?!" As I sat there nursing Riley and watching my older 2 play, I had a hard time grasping that concept! I love nature...or maybe the concept of nature...I wasn't too keen on the bug that kept trying to climb up my leg, but I loved feeling the breeze, watching the water flow over the rocks, and watching my children soaking it all in! I am so glad we started doing this as a family. These are the days that I hope they remember and pass along to their children.

Oh if only I could hit pause!

No comments: