Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Peavine Falls

When Chase and I lived in Birmingham, we would go to Oak Mountain on a weekly basis in the Spring and Summer. We would play with Harley in the fields and then hike down to Peavine falls. I remember it being a fairly steep and difficult trail in places (mainly right at the falls) and I was right. Emory, however, didn't blink an eye when we told her that we would be hiking that specific part. The child has no fear of heights...I however, get a little dizzy...I am not a fan! She kept saying "mom it's going to be ok." To which I replied "Emory, honey, mommy has done this trail...just not with my babies!" It was a great hike and we look forward to doing it again.

Before hiking down to the falls.


The kids wanted to put their feet in...not sure why, that water was cold!



She was SO excited!

My girls

Oh how I love these two boys!!



We had no less than 5 people tell us how great it was that we were out hiking with our whole family. Next week we will be celebrating Emory's birthday and we will be trying a new trail somewhere near us. I love our new weekend tradition!

No comments: