So Saturday may have been one of the longest days ever. I had worked Thursday and Friday and was on call Saturday. I had a feeling I would get called in and woke up at 4:30am and then couldn't go back to sleep because I kept expecting the call. Sure enough the phone rang a little before 5 to tell me that I was needed...yuck...the only up side is that it was overtime! Anyway, our original plan was to drive to Birmingham Saturday morning to visit with Patrick and Meghan while Patrick was in from Iraq for R&R. I had all our bags packed and ready to go in case I was called in, so Emory and Chase could go on without me. I drove down Saturday after a HORRIBLE day at work so I could meet up with everyone. Long story short, we got in at 3am after having a great time with wonderful friends.
Patrick we love you and thank you for all you are doing! We can't wait to see you again in 4.5 more months! Stay safe!


No comments:
Post a Comment