Friday, August 14, 2009

16 Months!


What have we been up to? So VERY much! Emory is growing up ENTIRELY too fast!! So here it goes...

- Cutting two more teeth and apparently these have been very hard for her. It has not been a fun week...too much drool, too much poop, and very fussy. She has been sleeping with us every other night because it's the only bed she doesn't scream in...seriously, she screams bloody murder for 10 minutes straight when you put her in her crib. I can't handle it, so we've been sleeping with hands and feet in our faces all week!
-She has become obsessed with throwing things in the trash, The other day I caught her trying to throw away one of my cookbooks. There's no telling what she has managed to put in there without my knowledge.
-She can say a few more words now, "hot," "ball," anything round is considered a ball, i.e. the lime she threw off the counter the other day, "no," not fond of this one, but she likes to tell the dogs no when they start barking, "no doggie," I have to admit it's pretty cute, "shoes," which is more like "sooz" but I know what she means, she LOVES to try and put her "sooz" on and she will even try and help you with your own. She will get upset if up don't put them on immediately! Also, "bow," "fish," and "plane" except plane sounds more like "dane."
-If you are holding Emory and she says "eyes" close yours immediately because there is a finger headed towards them!
-She wants to go down the stairs like a big girl, standing up and holding onto the rail! Not cool!
-I have discovered fisherprice.com which has games that respond to any key she hits on the keyboard.
-She still loves being outside but the bugs love her too. She has huge bites on her arms and legs from weeks ago! Off has become a staple!
-The baby doll obsession has begun! She has a few and she is constantly carrying them around and putting them in her little stroller to push them around the house. She loves on them and gives them kisses! It's pretty cute!
-She is such the little helper. Today she was trying to help me put away the groceries, which was great until she poured teriyaki sauce on my carpet!!! She did go get a towel and tried to help clean it up, after she had rubbed it into the carpet! Eesh!
-We are reaching the terrible twos and she's only 16 months! What am I going to do?! She has learned to attach herself to my legs when she wants a attention and I'm cooking dinner. this makes walking very difficult! We are going to have to start instituting time out I think!

No comments: