Monday, May 18, 2009

Twilight

I know it has been awhile since my last post, but I have a great excuse. Actually, I have two. First and foremost we have been on vacation with my family up until yesterday. We had a great time and I will be posting about that trip soon. However, there will be no new posts until I finish reading. I had forgotten how much I love to read! I get so wrapped up in most of the books I read that I get consumed by the story and the characters, what they look like in my head, what they are feeling, etc.



Since Emory was born reading has been VERY low on my list of priorities. I had about 20 pages left in a book I was reading before she was born and it took me until she was 4 months old to finish it. So, while we were at the beach and had more then enough hands to help with Emory, I decided to start reading the Twilight series. I was skeptical at first I must admit, but my skepticism lasted about 2 pages into the book and I was hooked. I had brought the first three with me to the beach. Since they are all 500+ pages, I didn't think that I would need the fourth book. I was WAY wrong. I had finished the first three by Friday afternoon. It was a long drive to Birmingham on Saturday without Edward and Bella!

So, since I have returned from my nice trip at the beach and I'm back at work, I have little time to read except at home. There is lies the reasoning behind the blog hiatus! I have found myself COMPLETELY immersed in the Twilight books. The only reason I am blogging now is I have downtime at work and I forgot to bring Breaking Dawn with me...ugh! I plan on bringing it with me tomorrow, but that probably means that I will be super busy and not be able to sit down, let alone read!

I highly recommend reading this series. I also recommend reading the books before watching the movie. The movie is good, it grows on you, as my sister said, but it does not do the book justice! I'm hoping that I am beginning a new habit, reading that is. I have always loved to get lost in a book and I'm so glad that I was reminded of that this past week.

5 comments:

Katie & Frank said...

I was obsessed with them too! It took me a good month after reading the books to stop thinking about them and wanting to re-read them. Something about them just sucks you in! So glad you enjoyed them!

lg2006 said...

Oh I am so glad you read those! Erik and I both loved them!

Sarah said...

Me too....I just read them! I mean, they didn't fill the Harry Potter shaped hole in my heart, but they helped...

Unknown said...

I LOVED them...and like you Katie I haven't been able to stop thinking about them. I'm seriously considering re-reading them! But Sarah, I agree with you too...doesn't fill the Harry Potter hole! :) Laura, I'm glad Erik has read them too...Chase is reading the last book now that I am done!

Zack and Brittany said...

I loved, loved loved the Twilight series!!!! I was so sad when it was over....Zack on the other hand was ecstatic when I finished them...haha! Isn't that such a guy for you?! I also found on Stephanie Meyer's website a copy of the unfinished version of the first book from Edward's point of view...haven't read it yet though. Anywho--hope you are all doing well! Call us next time you are in J'ville!!