Tuesday, May 26, 2009

13 Months

For whatever reason, I forgot to write a post for Emory at 13 months. We were at the beach so that had something to do with it, I guess. Anyway...

Here is what we've been up to:
-She has been saying a few more words. She can now say "Mama, Dada, Papa, cat, dog, 'side (for outside--while pointing to the door), and few others that I am having trouble remember right now. oops.
-Every time she has ever dropped anything, I have always said "uh-oh" but not until we spent the week with Payton did SHE start saying it too! Now I think she drops things just to say "uh-oh"
-She knows where her eyes, mouth, nose, ear, belly, and toes are and will point to them when asked.
-Still not walking but she is cruising and transferring from the couch to the coffee table. She is a very cautious child, so I don't think she will be walking too soon. She is a quick walker when she is holding onto our fingers but as soon as you let go of one hand, she stops. We'll get there.
-She LOVES reading. She is pull out any book, magazine, piece of paper, anything...sit down, cross her legs at the ankles and start "reading" out loud to me. Pointing to the pictures as she reads...too cute!
-Animal Sounds: most things sounds like a dog "woof" but she will wrinkle her nose and sniff when you ask her what a bunny rabbit does and she will "moo" for a cow. She "woofs" at the dogs ALL the time. Anytime we are outside and she hears a dog bark...she "woofs" and says "dog."
-She has cut at least three new teeth since turning a year old...two molars and a front bottom tooth.
-She is not a picky eater and LOVES to eat, as evident by the size of her thighs! Some of her favorites right now are Goldfish, yogurt melts, bananas, pears, apples, peas and carrots, peanut butter...told you she was a good eater.
-She has become VERY independent with her eating as well. She will eat anything if she can pick it up and feed herself (which makes for a messy mealtime). She prefers the whole banana instead of little bites and whole pear or apples slices.
-She LOVES to be outside and I think she would stay out there 24/7 if I let her!
-She is in a MAJOR mommy mode right now!

We have had a great time watching this little girl grow and she is becoming more independent every day! We love you Emory!

No comments: