Monday, December 22, 2008

Patrick and Meghan got Married!!

This past weekend was Patrick and Meghan's wedding in New Orleans, LA, where it was 75 degrees and sunny. We had so much fun with all of our friends. My parents came down with my sister, which was wonderful because they kept Emory while we went out!!

OK to start things off...We drove to Birmingham late Wednesday night to fly out Thursday morning. Yes we flew with an 8 month old! She did wonderful. When I thought my ears were going to explode, she was laughing and playing. As soon as we landed in NOLA, I said "we have a little traveler!" Great news! We knew she did well in the car, for the most part, but now with planes in the mix, it opens up many more opportunities for travel! Thursday afternoon, the day we arrived, we met up with Patrick and walk around the French Quarter. We were going to bring the stroller to lessen the load of Emory but Patrick wanted to carry her. To quote Meghan, I think he has a little crush! :) After walking we went back to the hotel to sit and talk. Emory started to get restless so I left the boys to catch up and took Emory up to the room for a nap.






Later that night we went out to dinner with Patrick and Meghan and their families. Then it was early to bed for us since we didn't have a babysitter for that night. Emory slept like crap that night so that means I did too! She has never done well the first night in a new place and Thursday night was no different!

Friday morning we got up and went to breakfast at Brennen's. Apparently it is a New Orleans staple...for the rich! It was good food but not so much after the bill came. For 3 couples it was $300!! the next time we go, someone else will be paying. Chase and I kept telling ourselves..."we are on vacation, we are on vacation!" Then came nap time! I love having a kid for SO many reasons but one is because I actually have an excuse to take a nap now!! After nap we ventured out to find something for a late lunch, just the three of us. Emory got to go down Bourbon Street for the first time, only a block, and I forgot to take a picture!! I don't think Chase would have let me anyway! We ate lunch at a hole in the wall, Felix's, and enjoyed our time together as a family. My parents and sister arrived early evening and we all went out to dinner. After much debate and walking around the streets we finally decided to eat at Ralph and Kacoos (sp?), very touristy, but still good!
Emory LOVES water. There's a video of this too, I will post that later!

Friday we went out with all of our friends after Emory was down for the night. We met at Pat O's and ended up eating pizza at 2am on Bourbon Street! Enough said...


Saturday was tourist day. Here are a few pics from the day.

Saturday night was the wedding. It was much more emotional than I thought it would be. I guess it has something to do with the fact that Patrick is going to be deployed in three weeks for 12 months and for most of us, this was the last time we will get to see him until he returns. And talking to him about it, didn't ease my fears for him. Enough of the sad stuff. We had a great time and Emory was a trooper. She didn't get a nap in that afternoon so I wasn't optimistic about her behavior, but she proved me wrong. She stayed up until 10:30pm and then crashed while my sister was holding her...it was so cute! She tried to stay up until the bride and groom left but she just couldn't last!

And I leave you with the last picture of the trip...our flight home! Emory slept the WHOLE time. She is such a great baby!!

2 comments:

Isabella's Mommy said...

The outfit Emory is wearing at the wedding...Isabella got the same one from one of her aunts for Christmas! :)

Kim said...

ahhh, that was SO much fun! not sure if i can do that again any time soon...i am still exhausted. it was good seeing you guys, and you're right, emory was awesome in the plane ride!