Saturday, Katie and I met another one of our sorority sisters, Sarah, and her daughter, Lillian, for lunch and a little shopping. Lillian and Emory are 4 days apart. I had my camera with me but didn't take any pictures. Oh well, I am sure we will see them again! I have found my new favorite place to shop for Emory. I bought 6 outfits (matching tights and all) for less than 100 dollars! And the clothes are super cute. The child is much better dressed than me these days because she gets all the new clothes now! Saturday afternoon we watch the SEC championship game. I must say I had mixed opinions about the outcome of the game. Neither team are my favorite and I am a UAB and Auburn fan at heart.
Saturday night we played cards and a game called A to Z. Now I have to be honest here. Growing up my parents would go over the the McDonald's house or they would come to ours at least once a month to play cards. Here's the honesty part...I always associated playing cards as an "old" thing to do. I never really understood the fun in playing card games or board/electronic games with friends. Of course a year and a half ago we would have gone out to the bars in Nashville or Birmingham to hang out with friends. I guess we have reached the point in our lives where we would rather play games in the quiet of our own home! Part of me still thinks it's an "old thing" to do but I must admit, we had a great time and we stayed warm and didn't come home smelling like a bar! Katie and I picked out the game and the boys were a little skeptical about it but we had fun. Besides the boys beating us 3 times, it was fun! We'll beat them next time...maybe! We played spades later and aside from the occasional "what do you think you're doing" stare from our teammates (our husbands) it was fun. Apparently Katie and I don't know how to be as strategic as the boys do, I'm worse than Katie, but it is JUST a card game!
Sunday was the most relaxing and laid back Sunday ever! We didn't do anything besides eat and watch football! It was wonderful!
Oh and I forgot to mention that Frank cooked breakfast both mornings!! It was delicious! They are welcome to come and visit ANYTIME!! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment