Monday, July 21, 2014

Summer days

We have really enjoyed our summer days this year. Being in real school really makes you cherish the days at home with your babies! Our week days are pretty boring these days. We haven't really made any friends here yet and we are still trying to learn our way around. The weekends, however, have been spent as a family and exploring. Our new motto has become "why not?!" If you can't come up with a good reason then, "why not?!"

We usually go to the beach once a year with my family. Spend a week in a house at Orange Beach, AL, then head home and start the count down to next year. We've been twice in the last 3 weeks and we plan to go back this weekend with my parents, during their visit! I've said it before but living an hour from the coast definitely has its perks!!

Atlantic beach was our destination this past Saturday. We didn't rush out, we wanted to sleep in, so we took our time. Plus we had to gather a few supplies before we could go. Our fist trip to the beach, on July 4th, we borrowed the tent and chairs. We left the apartment around 11. An hour later we were finally on our way (and we had only driven a mile). Ha! It was an overcast day but perfect! 




Our set up: we opted to keep the tent low to give us more shade. This was Riley's hang out all day. I put her swim suit on her but she never got close to the water! She was perfectly content hanging out and watching her brother and sister. 


This might be my new favorite picture! These girls bring me so much joy ( they drive me crazy sometimes too but mostly joy :) )




He's super serious about his sand playing! That green shovel went MIA shortly after this picture. Might have to buy it again. He loves that thing! And again, he loved the sand but not a fan of the ocean. I have to admit, while the water is gorgeous, those waves are rough! It's not as calm as the gulf can be, at least not the 2 times we've been! 


This was after we went down in the waves. She was done for the day after that and we had only been there for 20 minutes. I told her she had one minute to get over her bad mood and then I was coming to tickle her...she was laughing after that and we were able to get this cute picture! Chase and I have been working with her to get back up when she falls down. So proud of her!


Seriously those eyes and that smile!!! They will be the death of me and especially her daddy!


Trying to get a picture with all 3 kids is proving to be and impossible task! At least I got one with the girls! Maybe one of our trips to the beach I will get a picture of all three. 

I enjoyed Atlantic beach. It may have been the fact that a hurricane had not come through the night before, but the sand seemed cleaner. It still has black in it but there was less trash. There were also outdoor public showers. At Wrightsville beach we had to use the hotel that was on the beach. Not horrible but not exactly right! Ha! We had a great time. I even took a turn on the boogie board! So much fun but man I'm old and out of shape! My arms are so sore! Chase said in the 10.5 years we've been together he doesn't think he's ever seen me in the ocean. I have to admit I'm not a huge fan but the water is beautiful and I can't teach my daughter to overcome her fears if I don't conquer mine as well!

Can't wait for or next trip. By the end of the summer we should be pros at the beach day trip!


 











No comments: