On the Friday of the inspection I noticed little yellow sticky notes with prices. I contacted our agent to find out when the owner was having her sale. Turns out it was later that afternoon. Chase arrived first and I soon received a text that said "Mrs. Brown is awesome!" And yes awesome they are! We ended up going back to the house later that evening to meet her husband Rod. You always wonder what kind of people you are buying or selling from when you go through this process. I can tell you that we hit the jackpot. June and Rod are an amazing couple who built a beautiful home 10 years ago. They put so much detail into the house! We have developed a friendship over the last few weeks and I hate to see them move! Luckily they will only be about an hour and a half away.
As it turns out we were attending their church. Oddly enough it's called The Bridge. (Same logo and colors as The Bridge Fellowship). This was a picture of all of us on their last Sunday at church.
Today we closed on our new home. We start a new adventure in our new home and the Browns start their new adventure in Hampstead, NC. Seriously, they are a great family. I know this and have only known them a few weeks. I know the friends they've made over the last 19 years in Goldsboro are going to miss them terribly. We have big shoes to fill!! :)
June had gifts for all of us to welcome us into our home. (We bought the furniture you see from them). Told you she was great!
These, along with "Martin Family" return labels, with our new address, were our gifts.
We went to the house tonight to eat our first meal.
And here we are unlocking the door to our new home for the first time. Pardon the angle of the picture. Emory was taking the picture and doesn't really know how to work my big camera! At least our heads are in it!
We look forward to the memories that will be made in this house and the adventures we will have on this land. Today was a great day!








No comments:
Post a Comment