I was able to observe a little today and there are 3 different types of beach goers. You have the minimalist. They just bring the necessities, like the couple that was right beside us, they were literally sharing a bath towel. You have the just for the day, beach goer that brings a chair, a towel, and a book. There were a lot of those. Mostly college age kids that didn't want/need the shade and just wanted to sit by the ocean and relax. And then you have the over packer. These people bring EVERYTHING, cooler, tent, umbrella, chairs, towels. You name it, they've got it! Bet you can guess which group we fall into. I think that comes with the territory when you have 3 kids, 3 young kids!
I honestly thought we would last an hour maybe 2 at best, but we managed almost 5 hours of sun and sand. I certainly look like I spent 5 hours in the sun! What happen to the days that all I did was tan?! I look like a tomato! Sheesh.
Emory and Chase spent most of their time trying to boogie board. Emory was a little uncertain at first but LOVED it after she tried it once. Gavin was NOT a fan of the ocean but he LOVED the sand--unfortunately. I'm pretty sure he ate his fair share of it too!
That salty sea air sure made that sweet boys hair curl! I may never be able to cut them off!!
Riley and I did a lot of watching. She seemed to love the ocean though. Anytime a wave would hit us she would giggle!
There are 2 other pictures that followed this one. All super cute but this one was the best. She's so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it sometimes!!
This is what happens when you try to take a family picture after your 2 year old just face planted in the ocean (because his daddy was trying to teach him to boogie board) and he ate a mouth full of sand! A blurry picture and an unhappy 2 year old!!
This one is a little better but not a framer! Of course it does paint a real picture!!
Emory and Gavin did their fair share of digging in the sand and burying. Don't know how I feel about this sand! Why is it black?!
To say the beach was busy was an understatement. It looked like what you see in the movies. There were people everywhere but no one bothers you so it was still quite peaceful. Well, as peaceful as the beach can be with 3 small children in tow! :)
See...so stinkin' cute!!!
We followed up our day at the beach with fireworks in Goldsboro. While it wasn't the 4th of July spectacular from Vulcan or the show in Music city, it was still a great fireworks show. Gavin was a little unsure of loud noises and clung to Chase the whole time. But I think that's pretty normal for that age. My parents like to remind me (pretty much every year) that I was not a fan and would say "I no like those poppin' stars!" So I guess I should have some sympathy! :)
Trying to get a picture of all 3 of them was a bit of a challenge!
Emory is learning to take pictures...we are still working on not cutting off people's heads. Baby steps.
What a great day!! And we still have Saturday and Sunday! I love long weekends! Happy Birthday America!






















No comments:
Post a Comment