Monday, July 28, 2014

Our first visitors!

My parents came to visit!!!! It was great seeing them and getting to show them around our new town. They started their journey on Wednesday and drove to Columbia, SC which is about 3.5 hours from us. They arrived at our apartment on Thursday just in time for lunch. Friday we were able to take them by our new house and show them around. They won't be able to come back to help us move but wanted to see the house during their visit. I was also able to take them to "downtown Goldsboro." Think Cullman when you think downtown. No buildings are taller than a steeple on a church. It's an old town. OLD town. 1847 old. I digress. 

Saturday was the real adventure. We decided to head to the beach again and chose Topsail Beach. Pronounced topsle. We actually ended up at surf city because it was 15 minutes closer and we were tired of being in the car. It was beautiful. Our most rural drive by far but the most crystal clear water we've seen! I'm not a huge fan of the sand on the east coast but the water is amazing! 


Gavin was happy to have his Papa to play in the sand. He also made a friend (a little girl his age) and played with her most of the day. 


I love this little girl! She is my happy thought (we watched Hook Saturday night)! :)


Mom was a trooper. 8weeks post op from a leg hip replacement and she was willing to go to the beach. While she isn't back to 100% she still was able to soak up some sun and watch Riley. 


She even made the trek down to the water with Emory. I love this picture! 


Isn't the water beautiful?! And the little girl in the pink bathing suit is pretty cute! 


As you can see Riley was a huge fan of the sand. Gone are the days where she will sit and play with what's in front of her. Her goal was to get whatever was just out of her reach. Saturday that was the sand. She was not a fan of me stripping her and rinsing her off in the ocean. 


She was out like a light a few minutes after this picture. 


Unfortunately they had to leave on Saturday. :( I wish their trip could have been longer but we certainly enjoyed having them here. Next time they will be able to stay with us instead of a hotel. I feel like we missed most of their visit because they left each evening and came back at breakfast time. I told my mom I needed her to tell me when they would be back. I need a countdown for their next visit!! I missed them the second they walked out the door. 








No comments: