For our first anniversary we stayed in Birmingham and did things around town (Oak Mountain State Park, the air show--very cool). For our second anniversary we went to Atlanta. I had been wanting to go the aquarium and Chase finally gave in. We also visited the new Coke Museum. I highly recommend both places. This year, since I am not quite ready to leave Emory with anyone just yet, we decided to stay at home and grill out. Dinner was wonderful. Chase grilled steaks and I sauteed mushrooms that turned out wonderfully, if I do say so myself. And of course what is a steak dinner without a loaded baked potato and a salad. Emory slept the whole time, so we were able to enjoy dinner. I was able to eat with both hands and we didn't have to worry about putting the pacifier back in her mouth every 5 minutes! Of course I had to take a picture of our beautifully prepared dinner.
Chase even thought to light the candles.For gifts this year I got a combined "pushing present"/mother's day/anniversary right hand ring. It is beautiful, he did a great job. Chase wanted a motorcycle but of course that is NOT what he got! He has been wanting this Casio keyboard, the keys light up to teach you how to play, so that is what he got. He was very excited and put it together in the middle of our living room, instead of the bonus room where I had intended for it to go. He swears he will move it this afternoon when he gets home! I took pictures of him playing it, but he made me promise not to put them on my blog or facebook! So here is a boring picture of just the keyboard.
We will address the motorcycle issue later!After dinner we enjoyed chocolate covered strawberries and watched the movie License to Wed. It was actually kinda cute. Emory behaved throughout the evening which made for a nice relaxing evening at home! Happy anniversary to us!


No comments:
Post a Comment