While we were in Birmingham, Emory was able to meet A LOT of the people that mean so much to Chase and I! We didn't get to my parents until late Saturday evening and we spent the night fighting sleep. I guess it was being in a new place but Emory didn't sleep very much the first night. Sunday we went to church, this was the second trip to church for Emory. The next time we go I think she'll be going to the nursery. I spent 95% of the time walking around and giving Emory the tour of Brookwood Baptist! One of the reasons we went down on the weekend was because the church was having senior recognition. We were able to see Katie be recognized and then we had to walk more! The service was followed by lunch at Pine Tree Country Club. Emory slept the whole time! So I actually got to sit back and enjoy.


There were 21 seniors in all. (not all are pictured)
Sunday afternoon Mandy and Katie and I went to doodles (something I miss very much) and then met mom for some shopping. Nita bought Emory two cute outfits for the beach...not that she needed any clothes!
Monday Katie and Emory and I went to Children's Hospital to visit the girls I use to work with and then to dad's (Papa's) office for a visit and lunch. Monday night was dinner at Cole and Mandy's. Emory fell asleep on the couch after a staring contest with her elephant!
I guess you could say the elephant won!Tuesday Mandy and I took both babies up to Blue Cross and Blue Shield to visit my mom's co-workers! There were a lot of people to visit but Payton and Emory did great. That night was graduation and all the family was coming over before graduation for Katie to open gifts and visit.






Graduation started at seven and Emory started getting fussy at 7:05pm! We watched all of graduation from the back of the church. She actually behaved very well and even fell asleep. The only problem we had was on the drive home when she screamed the entire way home! It made the drive from Shades Mountain Baptist Church to River Run so much longer. As soon as we got home and she was being held (after changing her diaper) she was a happy camper!



Wednesday we met more friends for breakfast and then again for lunch. Later that afternoon we headed home. Emory and I had had a great time but we missed Chase and were ready to see him!


1 comment:
Post a Comment