Friday, April 4, 2008

The Waiting Game

I am not completely to the point where I don't want to be pregnant anymore, but I'm getting there. Generally speaking, on a normal day that I don't work a 12 hour shift, I feel great! I love being pregnant and I am enjoying preparing the house for whats to come. But tonight, as I sit here, barely half way through my shift, I think, "OK, I'm ready, any day now would be FINE by me." However, Emory seems to be happy where she is. She hasn't "dropped" and for the last three doctor's visits I have had no changes!! But with the due date just 10 days away, she really could come any day now, so begins the waiting game.

I told myself that I was going to do laps tonight around the floor and maybe take the stairs, but my legs feel like they are full of lead!! Maybe next week! Other mothers have been giving me tips about what could induce labor. I'm not that desperate...yet! But I'm SOOO ready to meet her!! I seem to dream about her every night!

It's funny because every time I call any of my family members these days the first thing out of their mouths is "Are you in labor?!" I guess calling "just to talk" is out of the question. Now I'm not the important one, they just want to know if their niece or granddaughter is on her way! Chase is the same way, I call and he asks if I'm in labor. This of course is followed by a "no" and then he seems to get a little disapointed! :) I hate to tell them but she isn't going anywhere anytime soon! At least not until the microwave is mounted above my stove!! :)

No comments: