Thursday, April 24, 2008

"What is this thing?"

Chase and I were a little worried about how the dogs would react to Emory's arrival to our house. When we arrived home from the hospital Chase took the dogs outside to try and get some of their energy out (we weren't too successful) before we brought Emory in. We set her in her swing and let the dogs in. Harley found her first and gave her a big smack in the face with his wet nose, this didn't even phase Emory! Bell found her next and jump on the swing so hard I thought they were both going to go flying across the room! Again, Emory wasn't phased!

All the barking when they hear a noise startles her, but I guess she heard it so much while I was pregnant with her that she's use to it by now. Harley is very protective of her. He doesn't like it when she cries. Sometimes I will try and let her self-soothe herself when she gets fussy and apparently Harley thinks that is cruel and insists that I pick her up! He has even nudged me out of bed a few times to make me get up and get her!!

Belle is very curious and will come up and sniff her, realize that she is in fact still here, and goes about her business. No aggressive behavior from either of them right now. I have to admit that I thought they would have this "what the heck have you brought into this house!?" attitude, but so far so good! Things may change when Emory is doing more than sleeping, eating, and pooping!! They do take advantage of the moments that I am not holding her to get some attention for themselves, but otherwise, their world seems undisturbed. They are still the same lazy animals!!

No comments: