As evident by the pancakes above, I turned 33 this year. My very creative and clever husband made me breakfast and made sure to showcase my age! I love him!
We decided to continue our exploring of NC and Chase found the closet waterfall hiking trail and we headed out to explore. We drove an hour to Fayetteville, NC praying the rain would stop when we got there. It was a nice little hike but nothing like the trails we had done in TN. These eastern North Carolinians need a proper definition of a hill. This place is FLAT! What they call a hill, we would call a gentle slope! We had a great time and have really missed the time outside with the family, so it was nice to get back at it for a few hours!
 |
| Awww... |
 |
| Back to the familiar grind... |
 |
| Chase and Gavin were trying to study the trail map... |
 |
| I've missed this view of this sweet face! |
 |
| There was in fact a waterfall! |
 |
| Family selfie! |
As we were leaving we met a woman walking her dogs on the trail. She was very nice and asked us which trails we had done. When I told her she said "Oh you did the hard ones!" I thought "really?! Which trail was the easy one?!" I love my family and I love our weekend exploring!
No comments:
Post a Comment