Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Happy Birthday Riley Kate!

I am in denial. Really. I can not believe that my baby is a year old! The day of her birthday I considered ignoring it because if I deny it, then it doesn't happen right?! She won't actually turn a year old! Maybe that's why I am so late posting about her birthday. Or I could blame it on the holidays and all of our travel...either way I am 2.5 MONTHS late posting about her first birthday. I swore I wasn't going to let her fall into the "third child" category. I can promise to be better.


Moving on! So this sweet baby girl came into the world making sure we were on our toes and has kept us there ever since. She is a loving, smiley (for us at least), smart, petite little girl! She loves to put everything in her mouth, loves trying to keep up with her brother and sister, still doesn't care much for a bottle or sippy cup. She may be 3 before she weans. :/ She is an independent, stubborn, child and I couldn't imagine our life without her!






While we had a party for her in Nashville and had plans for a family party in Birmingham, we couldn't let her actual birthday pass without a mini celebration. She was a bigger fan of her smash cake the second time around. I think there were too many people watching her the first time!


Her one year appointment was the next day. I'm not sure they weighed her correctly because she came in weighing a pound less than her nine month appointment  I think something went wrong on the scale moving from our doctor's office in Mount Juliet and our new doctor here.

The STATS:

-weight: 17lbs
-Length: 28 3/4 inches
-HC: 46 1/2 cm

Emory at One Year:

-weight: 20lbs 5oz
-length: 29 1/4 inches
-HC: 46 1/2 cm

To have been a pound ahead of her sister at 9 months and to fall 3 lbs behind her at a year, makes me think we mis-weighed somewhere along the way! A month later she weighed 18.5 pounds. No doubt she is petite!

Riley has been our most challenging child by far. We thought we knew what we were doing, then Riley came around and made us realize that we were wrong to think that!!

No comments: