Friday, August 16, 2013

In the stillness

                                        

Moments like this one don't happen very much. Once, maybe twice a day Gavin is still long enough to drink his milk and cuddle with mommy or daddy. But once the milk is gone he is all over the place until it's time to sleep! Occasionally, when we are are playing in the floor he will crawl into my lap and sit for a second. As if to say "love you. Ok now it's time to play again!" And when I say a second. I mean it literally! 

These are the moments I treasure. These are the moments that make it worth being a mom (among other things). These are the moments that can make a crappy day better in an instant! In the stillness of your children when you can kiss the top of their little heads and hold them close. If only for a moment. It makes it all worth it! 

No comments: