Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Last Hoorah

Tomorrow Emory starts school full time. Up until now she has been going "half" days (8-1) and has only gone twice. For the past 5 years we have had almost weekly play dates with our friends the Lees. Both Garrett and Emory start school this Fall, so Kate and I have been desperate to squeeze in as many play dates as possible (during the week anyway-now we will have to meet on the weekends). 

Today we were going to meet at our house and let the kids play for a little bit (which we did) and then head to Charlie Daniels Park and try out the new splash pad they built this summer. However, the torrential downpour put a slight damper on our plans. The kids certainly enjoyed playing in the house but I wanted our summer to go out with a bang! Around 1:30 the sun started peaking through the clouds so we piled the kids in the vans and headed out. We were limited on time because Kate was meeting Chase with the older kids at 3:30 to try Sky High Nashville (the indoor trampoline place). Really I think Chase wanted to go and was using the kids as an excuse! Anyway...they were able to play for a little while at the park then they finally turned the water on at the splash pad and they jumped at the opportunity to run through the water. Gavin even accomplished a new milestone!!

                                                      
 Gavin holding on for dear life to his sissy! 

                                                      
                                                        Always a climber!!

                                                     
 I think I've mentioned before we already have their marriage arranged!

                                                     
 Garrett and Baxter teaming up. 

                                        I was trying to get them blasting each other with those things but they moved. It is however a nice picture of the splash pad! 
                                      
                                                     
Look at our big boy!!!! He was SO proud! Can't believe he's growing up so fast!

                                                      
 He loved these things. Even let go from holding on and would try and catch the water!    

Ava's splash pad was built this summer to honor the memory of a little girl from Mt Juliet. She died a few years ago after a tonsillectomy and her parents have raised money to build this wonderful splash pad. It's an amazing way to honor her! Mt Juliet has needed something like this for a while now. So happy to have it so close to home!

Our plan is to go back again on Saturday. I'm sure the masses will be out then but the kids had so much fun and requested a return trip! I have a feeling this will be a frequent play place for us next summer!                                        
     
                                                          

     

No comments: