Monday, August 5, 2013

Lake Life

We left the beach on Thursday morning, made a stop at the outlets, a stop at Durbin Farms again (I REALLY love peaches!), a stop at my parents, then headed to Jacksonville. We hadn't been as a family since Christmas so we decided since we were so close to make the trip. Traveling with Gavin is not exactly wonderful. We thought when we turned him around to front facing it would change...nope! Anyway, I digress! So to Jacksonville...

Friday morning was really spent trying to figure out what we wanted to do for the day...Lake, High Falls (Chase's favorite place in the world), or just stay home. We finally made our decision around lunch time and made our way to the lake house around 3.

Saturday was much of the same...except we made our decision MUCH earlier in the day and got to the lake around 11. Saturday, the whole family was able to be there, which was nice (and chaotic)! Because we arrived so late on Friday, I didn't take any pictures. We went out to a place called Yellow Creek Falls on Lake wiess...Very pretty but even if I had brought the camera there wouldn't have been an opportunity to take pictures. We parked the boat and swam to the rocks...wish I had a waterproof camera because it was a beautiful place and of course Chase was able to jump off the cliffs...I mean what else would Chase do?! :)

Gavin found himself a new hiding place.

Blue and Emory. Emory went home with them after our day was done and spent our last night in Jacksonville with her cousins.

Riding the 4-wheeler with Daddy. He of coursed loved it!

G and Finley.

Aunt Jamie with Elyn

Family boat ride.

Haley and Gavin. A few of us opted to stay behind...mainly because there is only one infant lifevest and 3 kiddos that need it!

Mommy and Gavin

Finley and Gavin...these two were cracking me up climbing all over each other on this chair...I love the facial expressions here!

ONE of the climbers...the little ones will keep you moving!!!

ALL 7 Martin Grand kids...it's a slight challenge to get them to all look at the camera. This is the best I got with out photoshopping the picture and moving heads!

Gosh we make cute babies!!!

Not a  huge fan of the lifevest but he LOVED the boat and having the wind in his face.


I grew up on the lake, got married on the lake...I LOVE the lake...it's how you spend your summers in the South!

No comments: