Monday, June 21, 2010

10 Year High School Reunion

I am SOOO far behind in blogging...oops! I plan on spending the morning catching up and getting everything blogged from the past month!

I am starting with my high school reunion. If I was honest with myself, I would say that I was a little apprehensive about this trip. I didn't really know what to expect and if it would be any fun. It was and I had a great time...Chase was a little bored but I think most of the spouses were in the same boat. That's ok I will be there next year when Chase has his. So late afternoon on Friday, Chase and Emory and I loaded up the truck and made the trek to Birmingham for the fun filled weekend!

I graduated with 270 students and we had close to 100 (+/- a few) attend. The first night was at the Wine Loft on 1st Ave North. It was a great atmosphere and gave everyone a chance to talk because it was MUCH quieter than our Saturday venue.


Notice Chris, Jess's husband, in the background.

Much better...no photo bomber!

Saturday afternoon was a picnic in the park for the families. It was nice to get together with everyone and meet their children. We've of course seen pictures of everyone's children on facebook but it was nice to meet them. Aside from the heat, it was a very nice time. We had to finish the afternoon off with a trip to Doodles...one of the many food/dessert places I miss most about Birmingham.















Saturday night was a banquet at the Rouge Tavern. It was the dressy-er of the three events and it was nice to get dressed up since I don't do it often. Two night in a row I was out until 2am...that NEVER happens! One night maybe but definitely not two! I was exhausted but I kept thinking, "I haven't seen most of these people since the night of graduation 10 years a go and chance are it will be another 10 years before I see them again!" So I stayed out late!!




The Class of 2000



The Cahaba Heights group

A toast to the weekend and the class of 2000


While I was at home I was able to locate a few pictures from the past. Since digital photography did not quiet exists while I was in high school, I had to spend time looking through actual pictures! Anyway, here are a few of my friends and me from high school.

Junior Prom

Becky and me the night of graduation

Senior Christmas Party...Jessica, Beth, Becky and Me.

It was a GREAT trip and I look forward to the reunion in another 10 years!!

No comments: