Monday, June 21, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend



The boys being boys...

The girls being girls...

Emory had to do everything that Gracyn did.




Rachel fishing out the evidence :)

Because of this scene there is now a love/hate relationship between these 3! They are always watching their backs!


Rachel, after Chase dumped her onto the deflating wet slide!


Apparently the girls were not watching their backs close enough, Chase managed to drench both of them!

Courtney, Hailey, and Emory waiting on the movie to start.


So this post is a little out of order but I had forgotten that I hadn't blogged about this. I thought it had been my last post but I was wrong! Oh well! I know I have said this before but I LOVE our church family. We have truly made life long friends with these people and I know that I can count on them for ANYTHING!!! My favorite part is that we can be ourselves at this church! There's no fakeness and people are accepted regardless of their wrongdoings...which should be the case for every church, but we all know that isn't true!! Anyway...memorial day weekend was a nice relaxing weekend. We spent Saturday afternoon at a friend's house grilling yummy food and talking. Sunday of course was church and Sunday night we took Emory to see her first feature length film...at the drive in..."Shrek: The Final Chapter." It was pretty cute and Emory loved it since she is slightly OBSESSED with Shrek right now. (and when I mean obsessed, I mean I have seen that movie at least once a day for the last 3 weeks...sometimes twice a day!) At one point in the movie she yelled "mommy, shrek is naked!" He did have on shorts, but a bare chest to her means naked! Just what I wanted my 2-year old daughter yelling out for everyone to hear! The Parkers joined us at the movie. Since it was a late night Chase and I were lucky enough to have Emory sleep in the next morning until 1045! I know we're spoiled! Actual Memorial Day was spent with just the three of us!

No comments: